If you are already using the new web application, this upgrade is a walk in the park (despite the gap between 7.1 and 7.5).
If you haven't migrated to the new web application, I'm affraid you need help from an integrator.
1) Step by step process to upgrade to PD 7.5 version (from current version is 7.1)
- Apply the PD-AP upgrade process, using the editor documentation (https://docshield.lexmark.com/RSPDAP/en_US/7.4/print/PROCESS_DIRECTOR_SAP_Import_Process_Guide_7.4.x.pdf). Basically, you have a few transports request to import.
- If you are already running the new web application, just apply the new war file on your Tomcat server
- If you are not... you need an actual implementation project to implement PDWeb
- Train the users of the changed functionalities
- Maybe a bit of customising if you want to implement some new functionalities - this is not mandatory!
- Run non regression tests (this is the big part!!!)
- Fix the possible issues
- Go live
2) please highlight issues faced in such upgrades.
- If you have modified the Process Director standard source code, your modifications will be overwritten without warning (SPAU and SPDD are not working is this case)
- If you have done tricky things in your exists, you may have some surprises.
3) Pre-requisites if any
4) Changes/Configurations required in ECC SAP if any
Maybe some SAP Notes (see the SAP Import Process Guide)
5) Value addition if we upgrade to 7.5
- 7.1 is not supported any longer
- 7.1 is not compatible with the newest SAP versions
- There are a couple of interresting new functionalities (reverse and invoice, pick up a reason when rejecting, multiple selection for some actions such as recalling workflows, auto-start of workflows, fast entry, send external messages...) and some enhanced functionalities (follow-ups, ...)
Beware: as of version 7.2, the screens have been reorganised a bit.
See the editor Release Notes for more details (https://docshield.kofax.com/Portal/Products/en_US/RSPDAP/RS_Process_Director_AP.htm)
6) We are on Invoice version 5.8 . Did you face any compatibility issues with Invoice during your Readsoft PD upgrade?
No problem at all. I've been running ReadSoft projects with Invoices 5-4 up to 5-9 and with ICS 3.1 up to PD-AP 7.5 without noticing any change in the interface between the 2 products.
7) Did you require any specific assistance from Product vendor for any configuration?Have fun with your updrade!
You will need assistance if you are to implement the new PDWeb application (it is quite tricky!).
As of the rest, it depends mainly on your habilities to run a non regression test process.